Saturday, January 2, 2010

"Original Bootcamp" - the REAL deal for me?

I love food - all kinds of food. Hence, losing weight will never be an easy task. I figured if losing weight comes from either:
a. dieting (sacrificing all the lovely food that i hope not to give up) or
b. physical exercise

Let’s first try (b) physical exercise, and this time, try to stick to it with discipline and commitment and see if it would be enough to bring me to 81! If it works, then i can continue to enjoy all my sinful favourite dishes and maybe evolve this into a “food blog”........

With this in mind – let’s hope the “Original Bootcamp” will bring the desired results.

Plan A: the “Original Bootcamp” – HOOYAH! ("Hooyah" was how the organizer's email was signed off - maybe it will be our bootcamp inspirational chant)

Upon my registration – i promptly received a Welcome Email from the organizers - Giving me instructions on my Monday 4th January time and venue. The email also spelt out what to bring, what to wear....what to do before – i am most “worried” about the warning section of:

“Preparing For Day One
To prepare for your first session, we suggest that you drink plenty of water the day before to hydrate yourself properly. It is too late to start drinking it on the day of bootcamp.”


So Sunday will be all about drinking water and holding off the red wines and my macallan whisky!

The “Original Bootcamp” starts as a 4 week program: “that ORIGINAL BOOTCAMP is not about yelling and hundreds of push ups. It has been scientifically designed to motivate individuals to challenge themselves physically, mentally and emotionally, with the sole objective of achieving their health & fitness goals.”

I like the sound of it. I feel inspired already! I won’t make any bold “targets” for myself for now – let’s survive Day 1 first on Monday......survive my new task master – I have been assigned a “Sergeant” in the email! For now, in the interest of confidentiality let’s call him “Sgt S”

And finally, i take comfort from the Task for Day 1 - which is suppose to focus on “Pre-training Assessment”

“Pre-training Assessment
The assessment has two major goals, to advise your Instructors as to your current fitness levels so that they can place you in a team that will challenge you, without asking you to do more than you are physically able, and to give you a reference point so that you can see just how much you have improved over the 4 weeks.”


Maybe I can start from the bottom group with the least strenuous sessions........maybe its not as hard as it sounds – BOOTCAMP!

In the mean time, got to make sure I have ample stock of bottled water for tomorrow hydration – and maybe got to buy some isotonic drinks for Monday – probably Gatorade – if its good enough for Tiger, it should be good enough for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment